A2 RIHLA #24


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 20th 2013
Published: April 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post


• I believe that violence to make a point is acceptable is certain situations. In some cases an example of violence is needed to be made to assert dominance or to stop further events, such as an uprising, from taking place. Acts of violence that are used to make a point date back to biblical times where people where stoned in public to strike fear into citizens. Such events happened during World War II when Jews in concentration camps who tried to escape were publicly executed to deter other Jews from trying. In these cases violence to make a point was not acceptable, but when it is used to not only make a point, but to aid the sovereignty then and only then is it just.
• A current of example of an idea that sounds good but is hard to make real is gay marriage. The concept is simple and it harms no one in the process, but do to people's religious beliefs there are many who oppose. Some people feel that gay marriage is an act against nature, while others believe that the government has no place to impeded on someone's happiness. This idea, that is meant to promote equality, was recently up for discussion in the supreme court.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.4kb