RIHLA #23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 13th 2013
Published: April 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Do you think that the government should be responsible for the commitments that the predecessors made? Defend your views.

I feel as thoug the government has a duty to protect and serve it's people. The way that the government decides to do that is primarily thier choice, yes we the people have a huge say in that, but we also do not have all the say. New government officials have a duty to hold certain treaties/promises/commitments/delegations that the previous officials made, only because those people have a right to thier own justice. If the president f the United States were to pass a legislation about gay rights, but then the nexxt president in term did not agree with those rights, that new president does not have any right to take away those rights from them. Homosexuals would still have those same rights because the new president would have to agree and let them have those certain rights and freedoms. So, how would you feel if your government made a promise to protect its people long ago, but World War III began and all ove a sudden it's every man for themselves, only because new government officials do not agree with the terms and policies layed out before them? that would be unfair to the people of that country. So , yes I do believe that the government has the responsibility to hold out previous commitments.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1002.8kb