RIHLA #24


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 20th 2013
Published: April 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

What are some ideas that are difficult to fulfill in reality?

-The idea about how "every man is born equal". If we were all born equal then why did we have slavery even after that part of the constitution was written? Why is it that we preach about equality withing man, yet even today we argue and are conflicted over the rights for gays? If we so say that the consitution states that we are equal, why does it feel like we're not? Gay rights are rights that people are debating because of thier sexuality. These normal people are judged because they fell in love with the same sex. Isn't love, love, no matter who you fall in love with? Shouldn't they have a chance at love? Shouldn't they be able to have happiness without anyone judging them or looking down upon them? It's sad that so many years after our founding fathers wrote the decloration of independance and the constitution, we still have divison between our people. Equality is never equality.



Is violence to make a point ever justifiable?

-I believe that violence is never the answer. People should be able to argue with tier words and not their hands, not only because someone could get seriously injured but because it shows the type of person that you are. It shows how educated and classy someone is. In the French revolution, the people could have came about thier requests in a very different manner. They could have continued to fight back with words, and eventually came to the conclusions they wanted. They did not have to resort to fighting and starting a war, but when you want results right away, sometimes you do what you have to do.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb