RIHLA # 23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 16th 2013
Published: April 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: Do you think a government should be responsible for abiding by the commitments that its predecessors made?

I believe that the government should not be responsible for abiding the commitments that predecessors made because the world keeps changing. Throughout our history things have change, for example, we gain our independance from Great Britain. The United States had to change their laws/rules because now we are not controlled by Great Britain. As technology expands, new laws and old laws change. For example, Obama made a change where he is changing the rules on Medicaid, so more people can have health care. The Federal government is increasing the fundings for Medicaid. Because the world is changing there are some rules that should stay the same. In World History class we learned that to this day there are people who want to take away land that was given to the Native Americans. This law should not change because the Native Americans were in the United States first. This question is hard to say yes or no because there are some laws that should change and some laws that should be kept.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb