RIHLA #23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 15th 2013
Published: April 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A treaty is an agreement between two or more nations that was used to end or avoid wars, land disputes, promote and make peace, and to ensure military alliances. I think that a government should be responsible for sticking to the treaties that were once made. On the other hand, I do believe that as time changes so do treaties. Treaties change if they are no longer effective or even if one side needs to strengthen anything for example, discipline. Once a treaty is made I don't believe that the treaty should have an expiration date, but it should at least be allowed to change over the years. It is not responsible for one side to just want to break the promise it should be discussed and worked on so that both sides benefit from the formal written agreement. A government should be responsible for committing to a treaty that was once made because it was made with purpose, what ever it may be, but if one nation does not like the treaty they should try to fix it and make it make apply to what is happening recently. I disagree on the fact that if one nation wants to eliminate treaties so that they can have more land because for example the Native Americans were the first ones here and have the right to remain here. The most important thing to remember is that what is happening to treaties is that they are being broken. And Natives are still struggling but have not given up yet on the rights for which their ancestors died for.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1003.2kb