RIHLA# 24


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
April 22nd 2013
Published: April 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Do you think there are ideas today that are difficult to make reality?

Freedom of press is one example because it gives Americans right to express ideas freely through writing. I think this is one example because it has restrictions such as writing being censored. When writing is censored for instance the writing is edited and things are cut out. Another idea is that men and women are equal; this is not true because men are still being paid higher than women when they have the same job. Lastly, I think the freedom of religion plays a role in a child’s school when he/ she does not salute the flag or when they do not want to sing the national anthem because children have been penalized for not doing so.

2. Is violence ever justifiable to make point?

No I do not think that it is ever justifiable for violence to be brought upon someone just to make a point. The reason is because if a person wants to make a point but brings violence along with it then the other person/people will not want to listen but will want to exclude themselves from the situation unharmed and thoughts will be focused on their safety. To make a point you want the other person to listen before they judge and then to discuss it afterwards. Also when making a point you want the person to agree with you,be on your side, or at least be open minded about what you say and by using violence to get that point across will ensure all these things to vanish.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb