RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 6th 2013
Published: March 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Piracy continues to exist in the modern world in Somalia, a country in Africa. Pirates in Somalia hijack hundreds of ships and attack ships from more than 2,000 miles away from home. With hundreds of millions of dollars of hijacking, they reinvest the money in weapons and men.

2. The European Union is trying to combat the problem by destroying several of the piracy's fiberglass skiffs, which was approved by Somalia officials. I believe that this wasn't the right way to settle piracy in Somalia. I think that the European Union should have had a meeting with the leader of the Somali piracy and settle things in a calmer way by talking about it.

3. I think that piracy is never right because no one has the right to steal things from other's property. You have to work for what you own. Also, piracy can harm other people in a physical way. It can also affect a person’s wealth in a negative way, which could end them up, maybe even bankrupted if they have experienced hijacking from their ships.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb