RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 26th 2013
Published: February 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Christopher Columbus sailed across the Atlantic Ocean and discovered America in 1942. When Columbus reached the New World, he enslaved the Natives and used extreme violence and brutality on them. Also, Columbus forced many Natives to change their religion to Christianity, and he brought many diseases in his voyage to the New World.

2. In my opinion, I believe that what Christopher Columbus did was brutal because how are you going to take land that was already found by someone else? No one has the right to take something that was already found by a group of people or someone. In my opinion, I believe that Columbus should have respected the Native’s land and looked somewhere else to conquer new land.

3. This article can connect to class because sometimes, there’s a classmate that is the top student in class. However, as time passes by, there’ll be a new student in class that he or she will over run the first top student there was in class because he or she would want to be known better than anyone else in class. This example can connect what Christopher Columbus did when he first arrived to the New World.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb