RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 27th 2013
Published: February 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

In History Channel article of Christopher Columbus we learn the truth of what happen during the voyage. In this article we learn about the story of Columbus and why we celebrate him as a holiday. The question that came was why is it for he was a bad person. In the real story of Columbus's travels he had set sail , but by accident landed in North America. After meeting the Natives they were greatful and showed Columbus their resources and etc. After this Columbus had trick the natives and made them into slaves and work was not progressed then they would be threaten or beaten.After arriving to Spain the peoplenhad worship Colombus and also honored.Many people were still against Colombus' story, so afterhis fouth journey he had lost all his power. My reaction to the article was shame because every explorer who had ever set sail for a new land and found it, they brutally beat the natives who were first there. In class we also learned about a explorer who had done this action. His name was Herman Cortes. He also beat the Aztec and Inca civilazation when arriving to Mexico. In a way it seem horrible the way people get when wanting new land and etc. After connecting this to class I still ask if any other explorer had done this.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1001.1kb