RIHLA#19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 25th 2013
Published: February 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #19







1. The article talks about how the holiday of Columbus day originated from. Also what Christopher Columbus had done to indians and their civilizations. In addition, the type of torture he put upon them if they decided to go against what he said. Many Indians had died based on the type of work Columbus had established. This holiday helps americans learn about the age of exploration and many transformations Columbus had prevented.




2. After reading this article I had a better idea of how Christopher Columbus explorations turned out to be a national holiday around the world. Although, many of things he did were harsh, and the many executed didn't deserve this , but people didn't have much of a say since Columbus was in charge. People needed to be careful of the decisions they made, why because that one choice can come back and haunt them in a negative way.




3. The idea of Christopher Columbus connects back to class based on the idea of what Hernan Cortes did to the Incas and the Aztecs. He helped the Incas and formed an alliance with them. Although, they were unaware of the trouble they were getting themselves into. Why because many of the choices Hernan Cortes did during his explorations really took the lives of many. Many saw him as a hero and many saw him as a villain. However, many people have their opinion towards how they describe what Hernan Cortes was to socierty during his time on Earth.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb