RIHLA#18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 21st 2013
Published: February 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #18







1. This article talks about school districts in California that are deciding to enforce a new policy to make students carry a gps with them. Doing this the school can know where they all at all times, also keep them informed if their students are in school or not. Schools attendence rates have increased ; as a result, of establishing this new system of being able to locate students and knowing if they're in school or not.




2. As I began to read this I was suprised to learn how the school districts were establishing new strict regulations. In some scenarios I see this as a good thing based on how the board of education will be able to know if students are in school or not. In the other hand, I see this as a violation of the 4th amendment which is the right to privacy. Although, students rights are turned against them it teaches them a lesson about what is right and what is wrong when it comes to school. They have to think over the decisions they make carefully because one bad choice can leave them in a life or death situation. Which I know many students will most likely not want to be in.




3. The way it relates back to class based on how it will help teachers know when students are actually present in class or not. Also the students will be aware if they decide to not attend school the only ones that will be impacted are themselves not anyone else. They need to think over what they do before they make those choices a reality. In the end, think over the choices you make because it will help anyone know what is right and what is wrong. Because that one choice can end with consequences you will regret later on.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb