RIHLA#17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 10th 2013
Published: February 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #17







1. Reasons that books are banned because of how they involve sex, profanity, and racism. All these reasons provide adminstrations and companies reasons to banning books in school districts. If this type of material is found in books students will be influenced and they will make bad decisions in life. The decisions they make will impact them in life later on.


2. I agree with some of these reasons based on how it connects back to the learning of students all around the world. If students are exposed to profanity which is one of the main reasons many companies and adminstrations are stopping the distribution of books to schools. If these types of books are distributed to schools, students will decide to check them out of the library and start reading them. This will really change the prespective of how others view that particular individual based on the type of vocabulary they are using with the people in their community.


3. The group of people who should have the final word as to what books should be distributed to local schools in their districts is the administration of the district and also the government. Why based on they have the right to review the books that are going to be sent, why because if they see that schools involve sex,profanity, or anything that is seen as inappropiate then they have the decision to terminate those books and not distribute them. One bad outcome of deciding to send books to schools in local districts is the impact it will have on the education of students. Books are suppose to educate students not brainwash them into doing bad things.


4. If an individual decided to fight book censorship they will need reliable sources to support their argument towards book censorship. Why because if they don't have enough information to back up what they are trying to change, as a result, in the end the board of education will reject the statement they are proposing. They need to make sure in the end that they have everything necessary to support their reason towards having book censorship.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb