A2 RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 26th 2013
Published: February 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post


• The article talks about the tale of Christopher Columbus and ,for those who need a little refresher, the nursey rhyme that entailed; Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 and discovered America. Little does majority of the population know, Columbus wasn't the great adventurer that we learned about in grade school. Columbus on his voyages to and from the Americas commited so very heinous crimes against the natives he encountered. Now society is debating if he should still have his own federal holiday after he did such acts.
• My reaction to the article was very interested. I heard about Columbus and the things he did that hes is less known for but not in the depth that this article discussed. Some part of me found this somewhat comical because Columbus returned to the Americas after being persecuted and had none of his power that he built up.
• We learned about Columbus in the unit, but not to the extent that was in the article. The fact that this wasn't discussed in our textbooks is also bought up in the article due to the new evidence that is being discovered on columbus.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1002.7kb