A6 - RIHLA #18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 19th 2013
Published: February 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, seventh and eigth graders with at least four unexcused absenses will be given a GPS device this year. These devices will ensure parents that their child goes to school everyday instead of skipping days. Ever since it was introduced, more students began to attend school just like police and school officials of Anaheim have predicted.

2. My reaction to all of this was neutral. I love the fact that this new invention will motivate students to go to school more, because it will mean that less will be involved with gangs and violence and also loosing important education that will guide them to a bright future. At the same time though, sometmies there are good reasons why children skip school. It could be family problems, problems at school, and more. I kind of agree with the students that said that this was too extreme. What makes it unfair was that they need to pay fines if they have the unexcused absenses.

3. It relates to class or a future class because it involves events occuring today involving the government, justice, economy, and education. It's important to be aware of these things that are happening around us. It creates controversy and debate that we can discuss about.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb