A6 - RIHLA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 10th 2013
Published: February 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Some reasons that books are banned in schools are that they include inappropiate content that involve sex, profanity, and racism. They want to prevent children from being exposed to those things that are thought to be "evil".

2. I agree with these reasons, but I don't agree with the part that it is "evil". "Evil" is too powerful of a word to describe these type of books. Sometimes books can portray a message that is meaningful even though it includes those elements in them. Maybe, books should be banned for certain age groups!

3. I think the children's parents should be able to decide what are taught at school because they are the ones that are responsible for their own kids. They also know how their kids are. For example, if one kid is a person who is guillable and insecure, and she reads a book about racism, she might be influenced to do something bad -- perhaps, killing herself? Who knows? It's better if their parents are aware of what they read. If their parents don't care, the school staff should pay attention to students more.

4. If an individual wanted to fight book censorship, an approach they should take is first by starting a club, perhaps, to convince people to stand by their side and spread awareness about the situation. People might change their mind and eventually stand up against book censorship. They can write a petition, or convince school staff to reconsider the idea of banning these books.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1004.2kb