RIHLA # 17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 13th 2013
Published: February 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. Some reasons that bbooks are banned is becausse of the content that is being used throughout the book. It is for the safety of the children. Children are to young to know and be taught about sex, profanity, and racism. Another reason i think that certain books may be banned because the goverment wants us Americans to be blind from a version of the truth.

2. I agree and disagree about the banning of books. I say that books should be banned to be kept from certain age groups and to keep things away from them. i disagree because a person should be able to read whatever he or she wants. Most books that a re published in major stores are sold by genre of adults, teens, or children. If it wasnt for an intended audience then it shouldn't be sold in professonial stores. I don't believe that a person would write a book that should not be read.

3. I believe the principals or teachers should be able to decide what books should be taught in school. A meeting should be held between the teachers and the principal. They should dicuss what they would like foor their students to read throughout the year, and it's up to them to agree and decide.

4. An a approach that the people should take if they wanted to fight book censorship is either start a petition or talk within their community about what they want to happen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb