RIHLA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 12th 2013
Published: February 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

<br style="color:� font-family: arial; font-size: small; line-height: normal;" />Many books are banned because of sex, profanity, and racism. This restricts some schools from reading certain books, or they censor some parts in the book. The protection is suppose to avoid the hazards from an inappropriate book. Only individuals can prevent themselves or their children from reading a book they feel its not right, but you can't call the government to ban the book or prevent the public from reading it. I disagree with banning books from a school library, especially if it is banned in a high school library. By reading you can expand your intelligence and some of the books that are banned have higher reading levels. Teachers can teach students to be more mature about the certain inappropriate parts in a book. I think students should choose what they want to read or not. Some students have different taste in books, so not every book a student can read would be inappropriate because they would have a different taste in genre. It should start with the public if you want fight book censorship because it is the school districts that are banning these books. You can gather people's signatures or have people support the same ideas and try to fight it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb