RIHLA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 12th 2013
Published: February 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Some of the reasons they listed as to why the books were innapropriate were because of sex, profanity, and racsim. Just some of the main reasons why people have objected to some of the books that are at risk of being banned or are being challenged.

I do not agree or disagree with either. I think it should be left up to the school teaching it or the literature teacher and principle to discuss whats appropriate or not. If its that big of a deal they can send letters home or discuss how it will push their child's reading abilities. I also beleive as an individual no one has the say as to what you can and can't read.

I beleive it should be left up to the literature teacher. They have that position has a teacher because that is what they are trained for. They know what will and won't help the students.

If they really wanted to fight censorship they would have to come up with a list of reasons as to why the book is inappropriate for school and why it should not be read in school. Then consult who ever is in charge of what books can and cant be read in school and try their best to challenge or ban the book.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb