RIHLA #16


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 4th 2013
Published: February 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The renaissance man I choose was Bill Gates. He is a philathropist and current chairman of Microsoft.

I'd consider him a renaissance man because we all know he is very knowledgable and contribtes to society in many ways. He first off is a philathropist and a visionary , he beleived that one day every home would have a computer even though most did not beleive. You can only imagine how smart Bill Gates is for all he has acomplished and the fact that he has gradutaed from Harvard Universitiy.

I think he has really made a HUGE impact in helping to keep our technology advancing and if you say "Oh well I'm an Apple person, forget Microsoft", just think, who else was Steve Job really competing with? I own a laptop that does run on Microsoft and without it life would be alot harder considering how fast technology is advancing. And computers are pretty much essential at home wether its for school or work and it has also become a great luxuary that we have and take for grante at times.

One example I can give is that he is the boss of Microsoft the worlds largest personal computer software company. He is also co-chair of the Bill and Melindina Gates Foundation, the main goal of the foundation is to , globaly, enhance health care and reduce extreme cases of poverty.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb