RIHLA#13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 17th 2012
Published: December 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Hind Ahmas's veil is different from other Muslim veils. A niqab covers the face and the body, but just leaving a little space for the eyes. However, other Muslim veils like Hijab and Chador both cover a woman's head, but not including the face. And chador and Abaya are cloaks cover from the head to toe.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;" />2. Ahmas is unable to wear her veil because she has been violating the "burqa ban" in France, and this forbids her from covering her face in public. She feels miserable about this since it has been involved her freedom of belief. And whoever breaks the law, they have to pay for what they believe in and take classes.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;" />3. The first reason that the Defenders of the law explain is people who conceal their faces in public represent not taking part in French society. The second reason is that the law helps women get out from the oppression.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;" />4. I think that a government should not be able to decide what constitutes female oppression because it is their choice whether or not they want to stay in the oppression, and the government has no right to violate others' freedom of belief.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb