A2 RIHLA #13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 17th 2012
Published: December 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post


• Hind Ahmas' veil is different from other muslim veils because she has one of the most conservative types, a Niqab. The Niqab is a head-to-toe veil with just a slit for the wearers eyes. The most common types are the Hijab, a headscarf, and Chador, a full body cloak.
• Ahmas is unable to wear her robe do to the law established by France's government forbidding the covering of ones face. Ahmas hates this law. She claims it has made her life really despressing.
• Supporters of the law claim that the veils promotes seperation from french society leading to crime or acts of terror, and they claim it liberates woman from oppression from their religion.
• I think no government should decide what constitutes as female oppression. Each female, and male for that matter, has a personal standard or level of acts count as oppression or regualr behavior and not higher authority can decide that for each person. If I think female oppression is when women are slaves and Ms. Held thinks its when ladies cant watch certain tv shows; we have to totally different definitions of oppression. Since we have to different definitions the government cannot come up with a middle ground with out consulting us and everyone else who it would affect.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb