RIHLA #13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 16th 2012
Published: December 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #13







1. Hinds Ahmas' veil is diffferent from the veils of other muslims based on how the clothing she wears is a head to toe veil and covers her entire body including her face as well. This veil only leaves a little opening for her eyes. Hers is different from the other muslim's veils because some of the muslims veils do not cover their face only their body is covered. Although, for some of the other veils its a whole different story. People need to be careful because one bad choice they make can end up in them putting their life on the line.




2. Ahmas is unable to wear her veil because there are laws that forbid anyone from covering their face in public, because of religous and secular reasons, which really impacts many lives of young muslim women. The consequences of going against this law will be a $200 fine and some people are required to take a class on french values. Ahmas not being able to wear her veil has made her life miserable taking into consideration that she has been wearing it for 8 years.




3. Defenders of the Law have two major choices for their support . One major reason is people being allowed to hide their faces in public areas prevents them from taking part in french society which is a bad choice they are deciding to make because they will be forbidden to even enter or participate in events. The second major reason is it can enable crime, or even terroism which is something that can lead to violence and put peoples lives at risk. This should be taken into consideration because if people decide to wear veils they have to be aware of how their lifes will be impacted and how others will view them and criticise them as well.




4. In my own oppinion when relating back to the idea of government deciding what constitutes female oppression I believe that they should not because based on the rights individuals have they have the choice on what to belive in and what not to believe in. Everyone has the right to choose what religion they belong to and freedom of the press and speech. People shouldn't be arrested or fined because its their choice what they decide to do in life. They will be the ones responsiable for the consequences that go along with the decisions they make. Because in the end the decisions you are unsure of and end up making can really impact your life and those around you.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb