A6 RIHLA #11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. What makes someone a hero?

To me, anyone can be a hero. I think that if a person has made a good and great impact in your life and you feel like that person inspires you, then they are your hero.

-How do we decide which people to celebrate?

I think we only celebrate those who have made impacts in history. But not all impacts or events in history are appropriate to celebrate; therefore, only good impacts are celebrated.

1b. Do people all agree on who should be considered a hero/saint/..etc.?

No, not everyone has the same view on who and who shouldn't be a hero/saint/..etc. We all have different ideas on what it takes to be a hero.

2. How easy is it to tell who "good" people and heroes are during their lifetime?

It's easy to tell "good" people during their lifetime by their acts of kindness. But "heroes" are much harder. You never know how the actions of a person will affect the future.

-Why do you think opinions on Joan of Arc changed?

I think opinions changed because people back then believed anything the church said and since the church was superior to everyone, theywere easliy influenced to believe what they said. But when the Pope made her a saint, people began to celebrate because they know that the Pope is superior as well.

3. Is it fair to revise how we feel about historical figures based on new evidence?

I think it is not fair to revise on how we feel about historical figures based on new evidence. Most of the time, people aren't there to witness an event; as a result, we shouldn't change how we feel because we aren't 100% sure on what went on.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb