RIHLA #11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 3rd 2012
Published: December 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #11







1. What makes someone a hero is the type of accomplishments they have started and finished. Also the impact they had on society on how it was before and it how it has changed. We decide who we celebrate based on the goals and changes they did to society.




1b. Everyone has their own oppinion based on their own beliefs. Like for example someone says Martin Luther King Jr. based on how he stopped segregation , to that person what Martin Luther King Jr. did made them believe he is a hero. Although, someone might have their own opinion and say hes not a hero based on their reasons of why they have a different background towards why they say the opposite.







2. It is easy to tell who good people and heroes are during their lifetime based on how what they have done during their time is very significant. Mother Teresa was example she donated her time to helping all poor families in India during their times of need. She was a hero in her time because she devoted her time to helping others instead of only thinking about herself. To be a hero it will take time but for every good deed someone does it increases people's devotion to believing that this person should be honored and remembered for what he/she has done to shape society. I think opinions on Joan of Arc have changed because many people throughout time learned what a great person she was and how she always fought on the side of good not for evil. She never went against her own people.




3. Its an individuals choice to decide whether or not it is right to believe new evidence about someone who really impacted the past. If they believe what Gandhi or Martin Luther King Jr. did was wrong then thats their opinion. One person's change of heart towards someone else is not really going to change the past. Although if it was a group we are going to have a problem there because people will be arguing and it might go to far which is not good at all.




4. I really don't think so because that particular person did not do anything which people took part in. If for someone reason there is another civil war that Abraham Lincoln never caused then why should people have him accountable for what has happened. Let people who really changed society in a postive way rest in peace. Don't criticize them all because there dead and can't do anything to prevent it. Well I am unsure because there is has be evidence to support why , consequently, without any evidence how will anyone try to prove a point what a historian did in the past was wrong.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb