A4 RIHLA #11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
December 1st 2012
Published: December 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

A hero?

1. A) Depending on your actions, anyone can be a hero. Some characteristics of a hero are honesty, reponsibility, selflessness, and the ability to be admired by others. We should celebrate all hero's if they have heroic characteristics.

B) All people do not agree on who should be considered a hero. People have different opinions and different definitions of heroism.

2. It is not easy to tell who is actually a hero while they are alive. It isn't easy because you don't know if they are faking their so called heroic characteristics just to be recognized of famous. Opinions have changed on Joan of Arc because people were not fond of her while she was living but after her death people realized that she did actually have good intentions.

3. I think it is fair to revise how we feel on historical figures. In columbus's time period his actions were accepted. Killing others should never have been accepted in the first place, so now that times have changed we have a chance to give recognition to new people who actually deserve it.

4. In some cases people shouldn't be held accountable for things they didn't know about; for example, when people thought that the earth was flat. But in cases were killings were involved due to greed or any other selfish intention, they should be considered evil.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb