A4 RIHLA #9


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 20th 2012
Published: November 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Noble has expanded in such short period of time because of test scores. Generally, Noble schools have good test scores and that attracts people to join their school. If more people are attracted, then the school has no choice but to expand.

2. There are positive and negative impacts on Noble expansion. There is a large positive impact because students are finally getting the quality education they deserve and there is hope that the achievement gap will close. A negative impact is that outside schools will possibly feel threatened by Noble's success and it will cause controversy.

3. A) If I were Mr. Milkie I would consider expanding because the achievement gap is not just in Illinois. To further close the gap you have to reach out to other states.

B) The positive aspects of expansion are that you are giving more students a quality education. Negative aspects are that a network's philosophy can be altered while in the process of expansion; different states are going to have different opinions on education.

4. The idea of graduating college, closing the achievement gap, rigor, and "being noble" will be traditions that will stay through out expansion; although, I believe that the amount of discipline will be altered.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb