A4 RIHLA #8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 12th 2012
Published: November 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hurricane Sandy
1. In World History we are currently learning about early Christianity. During that time period, in Rome, Christanity became very contraversal after a while of "tolerance". Rome finally allowed Christianity and it branched out to other countries; meanwhile, Rome experienced one of the biggest downfalls. This relates to Hurricane Sandy because it destroyed over twenty-two states, specifically New York, which is one of the few powerful states in the U.S; similarly, Rome was the most powerful empire and was weakened and Pax Romana (the Golden Age) had ended.

2. I found the fact that a state like New York, or a place like Rome, could be extremely powerful one moment and, due to specific factors such as natural disaster or political turmoil, become extremely weak and destroyed the next moment. New York was extremely popular for renouned music artists, fashion, celebrities, and being known for immagration. Rome was known for being the most powerful empires ever, having the most riches, and many rulers. How can one thing destoy them?

3. This topic makes me wonder why certain places that are "powerful" or have a great reputation for being prominant become so destroyed if they have should have the resources to not become so weakened in the first place?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/us/hurricane-sandy-churns-up-east-coast.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb