A4 RIHLA #7


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 3rd 2012
Published: November 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. I believe that the style in a person's arguement is more important than content. Although having substance is genuine and true, style draws the audience to your argument; without style your argument would lack interest and a certain "pa-zaz" to get an audience for your argument.

2. It seems as if most people are intrigued in style over substance. For example, if it wasn't for Obama's exellent and compelling speaking skills his audience would not be as willing to give him the time of day. Once they are drawn into his speech due to his style then his exceptional content will shime through.

3. An example of where someone made a valid argument and was disregarded because of the way they said it is if a student did not deserve four demerits and they were extremely angry about it, went to appeal it with an attitude, and got denied. That person's argument, even though it was valid, was not even considered because their temporary attitude reflected poorly on that person and his/or her judgment skills.

4. For quarter 2 the theme song for presentations should be Eye of the tiger by Survivor because I think it's really motivating and I know that some people are really affraid of public speaking so a motivating song can help them get rid of anxiety, and hopefully help them with more upcoming speeches.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb