RIHLA #8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 13th 2012
Published: November 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

TOPICS: Hurricane Sandy, Election, Veteran’s Day

QUESTIONS:
<ol style="margin-top: 0in;" start="1">
<span>How does it relate to what we are learning in class?
<span>What did you find to be most interesting and why? (Do you agree or disagree with any of the points?)
<span>What questions does it make you wonder?


**NOTE** Paste the link of the article read and the bottom of your RIHLA entry

http://www.redcross.org/news/press-release/Hurricane-Sandy-Coming-Together-Generates-Nearly-23-Million

1. This article relates to my world history class because hurriane sandy was a terrible natural disaster that affected 13 states and this reminds me of the fall of Rome. What I mean is that the diaster affected 13 states and Rome fell as well. Another way it can relate is because the American Red Cross reminds me of allies. Theses are people, groups, or nations that have joined in a association for mutual benefit and this is what i feel the Red Cross did.

2.What i did find interesting was that the American Red Cross the volume of website and phone traffic exceeded previous benefit telethons over the last five years. This is amazaing because it proves hat in a time of need americans can join together and hel those in need.

3. what kept me tinking was that how come the American Red Cross didn't have a goal for people to look forward to as to not continue saying that all continueing help will be thanked? I also wondered what were the exact amouts of people who contributed that would have made the article a bit more fasinating to read. Lastly, i questioned whether the amount raised, 23 million, of being too little or just enough to help support the victims.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb