A6 RIHLA #8- SOCIAL STUDIES FREE WRITE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
November 12th 2012
Published: November 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. How does it relate to what we are learning in class? This article about hurricane sandy relates to what we are learning in class. This article relates to what we are learning in class because we are learning about Christianity. When the hurricane sandy was over many brothers and sister went out and help others “he packed his bags and Bibles, hopped in a van with two fellow Christians and drove north all day with the goal of making it to the badly damaged New Jersey coast by the next morning” (huffingtonpost). This example shows how even through tough times people can still go out and spread Christianity. We learned in class that when Christianity was spreading Paul who was responsible of spreading Christianity and this man with a group of people is spreading comfort to the people who suffered during hurricane sandy. Because he knew that many people were going to need his help he did this” Their aim: to assist victims in everything from clearing debris and mud from homes to getting food and, more uniquely, sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ to comfort the spiritually afflicted” (huffingtonpost). This second example shows that it’s not only about helping other people by showing them the meaning of Christianity but they are helping each other by doing other things. There were many clergy’s helping out after hurricane sandy even though they were different religions “About 10 chaplains from the organization plan to set up camp in New Jersey and Pennsylvania” (huffingtonpost ). This shows that many religions can come together without arguing about their differences.

2. What did you find to be most interesting and why? (Do you agree or disagree with any of the points?) What I found the most interesting is that many religions came together to help others no matter their differences. In world history we learned that the Greeks would persecute the people if they did not worship the roman gods. The Greeks would test the people by telling them to say a prayer to the roman gods. But even though the Greeks let the people be sure about their religion some would sacrifice for what they believed in and they were called martyr. Another thing that was surprising is that hurricane sandy and the religion of Christianity have a lot in common. Something that they have in common is that many people came to help during and after hurricane sandy and I learned that Jesus proclaimed that his mission was bring salvation to his followers. Another thing that they have in common is that after the hurricane sandy they suffered economically and about 200 A.D. the Roman Empire weakened and also suffered economically. I agree with the points of view that we have now because many religions came together without fighting and back than when we had the roman gods they did not accept any religions, they would always fight.

3. What questions does it make you wonder? I wonder how many religions came together without fighting? I also wonder how they helped each other? Why couldn’t this happen in the past? How many people were curious about the religions? How many of them actually felt conferrable to someone who went there religion? How many people actually joined a religion? Why did many religions agree to help each other? What if everything was different in the past, nobody won’t gotten killed?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/30/hurricane-sandy-chaplains-religion_n_2046724.html

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb