Pericles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 15th 2012
Published: October 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

-Thinking Critically

Pericles defines a democracy by saying. "Our constitiution is named a democracy because it is in the hands not of the few but of the many." From there he continues on how everyone in a democracy has a say in what happens and how this can happen while everyone being and treated equally.

According to Pericles and good citizen is someone who knows what they are doing and has their priorities straight. He descibes this person by saying that they are equally devoted to their personal lives and their community.



I would perfer to be a Athenian because it seems like they were more realistic and there was more to them than starting fights like Sparta. In the long run I would think the Athenians would also end up being more resourceful because they had diffrent priorities than Sparta and were looking for ways to grow with out having to do things by force. I aso wouldnt want to be trained since birth to be sent to war like what if I want to run a bakery or something. They also had the whole obey your husband and father principle but where is the equality in that? The Athenians were also a democracy so who wouldnt want a say in what is going to happen to the city you currently living in. The Spartans seem very strict as to what they expect from you your WHOLE LIFE. It did kind of remind me of UICCP with all the rules, but when you think about it the reasons are totally diffrent. PMC then there is war. I would deffinatly be a Athenian over Sparta.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb