The Funeral Oration of Pericles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 14th 2012
Published: October 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Funeral Oration of Pericles







1. In the passage " The Funeral Oration of Pericles" Pericles defines democracy as a government where it is not in the hands of the few but of the many. I believe when he describes his democracy he means that everyone helps to accomplish a goal not just one person.







2. Pericles says that in order for someone to become a good citizen they have to attend both public and private duties,and let their mind interfere with their knowledge of the city, I believe when this is said don't let your mind make you come to final decisions you are unsure of. Be independent don't let your mind take over what you do or say.







3. If I was able to travel back to Greece I would prefer to live as an Athenian why because they have rights and some people have the right to say what they need to say. I choose to live as an Athenian because Citizens share power and wealth. In addition, men had opportunities to explore different areas of their choice to boost their knowlege. Lastly, since citizenship was part of everyones everyday lives they had the opportunity to work, but some people couldn't work. Although, the brightside is that at least one or two members of a family can work and the whole family benefits from it.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb