B6 RIHLA #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 1st 2012
Published: October 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Part 1

1. From this text about the occupational and social structure of Middle Kindom Egypt historians can learn that the people of the Middle Kindom Egypt felt that if you wrote better that you would basically be immortal. They thought this because they said even though you would physically die, you would still be alive through your writing.

2. Learning how to write has benifits to it, you would be looked as more advanced to your superiors,and you will also become a worthy official. So if your in a scribal position, your basically better than most people because you know how to write and they don't. That is something they believed in.

3. A timeless frustration of a teacher that is evident in the text is that teaching young Egyptians how to write is really hard because the students are very concieted.

Part 2

A. I feel that American students do value education in the same way as described in ancient Egypt because some kids act the same way as they did in ancient Egypt. Some students are very concieted and cocky about their education just like the students in ancient Egypt.

B. -Question: What made you decide that Carthage college was right for you? Occupation: Jessica (tour guide) Answer: She felt that it had a lot of things she would enjoy there and it also had what she was going to major in.

-Question: Are there any problems that you feel that can be corrected with the college? Occupation: Jessica (tour guide) Answer: That there really isn't anything wrong with the school but wished there would be more transportation options.

-Question: How do you maintain your grades even though you sre still envolved in a lot of activities for school. Occupation: Jessica (tour guide) Answer: You just have to mange your time really well in order to get things done.

C. After considering the visit to this college and having the interview, I would consider getting a degree from this particular institution because I feel like this institution has a lot of majors that can really improve my skills on what I want to be in life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb