RHILA #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
October 2nd 2012
Published: October 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Part One

1) What Historians might learn from the text about the ovccupational and social structure of the Middle Kingdom in Egypt, is that they took writing and living by the scroll very seriously.

2) Learning to write offers to a young egyptian the possiblities of gaining the trust of the king, give you a chance of earning treasury and granary, dressing in fine clothing, owning a massion, and ect. Basiclly overall, writing offers a very big and bright future for the young egyptian.

3) Timless frustrations of teachers evident in this text are when the teacher says things such as "But though I spend the day telling you write, it seems like a plauge to you...". This shows how the teacher is very passionate about writing and living by the scribe that he shows his or her's emotions in the passage about the subject of the matter.

Part Two

A) There is no way to tell if students in Egypt value their education more than students in America due to this passage. Although I do agree that living by the scribe and writing it to gain sucsses is a huge step up from the work that we recieve in America, there is no way of knowing if the children of Egypt actually took the scribe seriously. The scribe, and the passage, never said if students actually lived by it. However, if the majority of the children did, then yes I would say that children in Egypt valued their education more than us children in America. I make this statement based upon the tone of the passage which was presented as a serious tone. it seems as though this was mandatory that the children of egypt live by this. However, as children in america, we do have the choice of the actions we take regarding to school. In conclusion, the children of Egypt did not.

B) 3 Questions asked on the college visit (Illinois Wesleyan)

Person Interviewed: (Name unknown)

Occupation: Student

Question Asked: What are at least 3 sports played at this school?

Answer: Cross Country, Golf, and Lacrosse



Person Interviewed: (Name unknown)

Occupation: Student

Question Asked: What are at least 3 Academic Classes at this school?

Answer: Pshycology, Liberal Arts, and Law.



Person Interviewed: (Name unknown)

Occupation: Student

Question Asked:What is the average class size?

Answer: 17

C) No, I would not consider getting a college degree from this institution. This school didn't really click with me such as other colleges that I have visited in the past due to the requirements to get in such as GPA and ACT score.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb