A2 RIHLA #2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 22nd 2012
Published: September 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post


• In Hammurabi's attempt to provide for the good order of society and the basic welfare of his subjects he made a code of laws. This code governed his people and set up bounderies on what they could and could not do and how they would be punished if they did.
• There is many different peices of evidence that there is class distinctions in Babylon on being Hammurabi himself. He is a king, which means he is royalty, which means he is different than the average slave in Babylon. Going further with the slave topic there are average citizen in Babylon and then there are slaves each have different perk and are treated differently.
• In Babylon's society women were almost on the same level as slaves. Women had very minimal protection under Hammurabi's code of law because the laws only mentioned women when it can to marriage and families.
• Children were of average status even though boys were higher than girls. Children enjoyed the proptection but as stated before boys enjoyed more than girls.
• The evidence in this collection tends to support that statement about mesopatamia being partriarchal. Men are the ones paying for and recieving all the debts and the boys are next to have all the debts, paid for or paying, passed on to.
• The collection basically reveals that the general population had little to no respect of the women nor the slaves. It also showed that equality was big when it came to certain things especially when it came to men.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb