A2 RIHLA #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 30th 2012
Published: October 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post


• Historians will learn that the occupatioanal and social structure of Middle Kingdom Egypt put scribes as high as noblemen. Scribes were highly respected in Middle Kingdom Egypt, even more than soldiers.
• Some of the advantages offered to young Egyptains for being a scribe consist of: Having slaves, owning horses and a mansion, fine clothing, a boat, and holding a powerful office similar to a king.


The timeless strugle of a teacher that is evident is having to constantley remind their student the benifits and the retributions of the hard labor that they put forth. Also a struggle that is evident is trying to teach them the necessity of the job or profession



• I think American Students do not value education as much as students did back in ancient egypt because in America we have colleges and institutions that give educations that have no real value in society unlike Egypt. We have colleges that teach things like Womens Studies( no Sexist remark intended) that is not required to know for a job. Back in ancient Eygpt if you learned something it was of value and went on to aid you in your future education. Also, more recently kids and adults are going to school for the merit of saying they went and not for the actual education, but in Eygpt going to school was for an occupational title to say you were a blacksmith or a scribe. People go to Ivy league schools to say they went to an ivy league school not knowing that the term ivy league comes from a sports league containing those eight schools.


Person Interviewed: Nacy Vasquez Occupation: Staff

Question #1: How many students attend Wesleyan?

Answer: Around 2,100 students attend Wesleyan.

Question #2: What is Wesleyan's demographic?

Answer: Wesleyan is generally white. It has recently seen spike in African-American, Latino, and multi-raced acceptence.

Question #3: What is Wesleyan's average class size?

Answer: The average class size is 17 students which is relatively small


• After the visit I would not consider getting a degree from Wesleyan for two reasons. The first being that it has no really engineering major only pre-engineering.The second being that I have my mind set on going to the United States Naval Academy and a liberal arts college is not even on my radar.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005kb