A2 RIHLA #1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 20th 2012
Published: September 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Article #2:http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1983981,00.html









• The Article is titled " The Problem With Factory Farms" by Claire Suddath talks about the new Factory Farms that are everywhere this day in age.This article relates to what we are learning in class because it is talking about the effects of massive farming. In class we discussed on whether farming was the biggest mistake in human history which I personally believe is. This article shows just how destructive farming has gotten in the past few years and how it is slowly destroying the ecosystem due to pure disregard.
• -Social - The article talks about how the waste and the actual livestock are affecting people. The waste is harming people because it is causing many problems with air and water pollution. The livestock( I.E. Cows, Pigs,Chickens etc) is affecting people because the animals are getting pumped full of hormones transfering over to the human consumers who buy and eat the product.


-Political - This relates to politics because the government is not taxing the big companies on the way they carelessly dispose of their waste its the tax payeres who end up paying for it. Also it says that this is not a matter of Democrat versus Republican it is a state with a lot of agricultue to versus a state with very little agriculture.

-Interation - This on going problem mainly interacts with the surrounding population and the consumers of the products for the same reasons as the social aspect.

-Culture - The only major thing for culture in this article is the CAFO ( Concentrates Animal Feeding Opereation) and how they operate compared to the average farm.

-Economic Systems - The main system is the supply and demand midset of the CAFOs. They supply the Product and the consumers supply the money


• (#3) I fully agree with the author's opinion. I too believe that large "CAFO"s are wrong because of a movie titled Food INC. which fully depicted what happens in these CAFOs. After viewing that movie I vowed to never eat Mc'Donalds or Perdue, the worst ones shown, ever again andi still stay true to that vow.
• (#4) This article makes me wonder has the author seen the movie Food INC. and what is her opinion on the film. I also want to vist on of these CAFOs just to see the conditions hands on. I also want to reseach about what the Government is doing to stop this be it either state or national.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb