Mike and Rich. USA tour


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 12th 2012
Published: May 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 12th May ChicagoToday we had arranged to meet Emma (a lady whom we met the previous day) to go and watch the man city vs QPR game uptown at a pub that had been recommended to us. Emma being a man city fan was buzzing the whole way in the rain to only find out we had gone on the wrong day. With the time difference the game was on at 9 am our time. The game was on Sunday not the saturday. I read the schedule wrong. My bad. Either way we say down and had a pint of Chicago's finest beer then headed back to the hostel. Rich and I made the decision to travel buy the greyhound bus for the first two months of our trip which was to the amusement of literally the 6-7 people we told. Apparently this is the mode of transport that regular normal people never take. This way of traveling lay host to convicts moving from prison to prison, druggies and every other dodgy character under the sun. Great !! First of all we needed to collect our greyhound passes which were in the centre of Chicago. Luckily I managed to convince Rich to take the underground and save my feet which were shredded from the previous day. We arrived at the station and our picture of the nice, safe greyhound service had definitely been chucked out the window. Even before we got in, the entrance was surrounded with "gangster" characters and other skeptical characters. After a long wait and a very difficult chat with a very difficult obese women we made it out with our passes in hand and tails between our legs on the thought to what our trips would be like. Our first trip is only 12hours ! Brilliant. We had arranged to meet Emma and a couple of girls ( Rebecca & Juliet ) to go to the pier. We were pretty late due to the greyhound fiasco. After looking in a few shops and getting the ferris wheel me and rich went our way to try another of the Man Vs Food recommendations (Gino's East pizza). It was extremely over priced and took an hour to come which got us pretty agitated but the pizza when it came was nice. Wouldn't go there again as a traveller on a budget. We decided to go out this night like a lot of the other travelers in the hostel. So due to budgeting and all me and rich headed to the supermarket picked up 70cl vodka between us for pre drinks. Long story short ( only because memory is foggy from this night ) pre drank, went out with Emma and Sierra to a bar which I don't have a clue was. Drank beers, played darts rich fell asleep and all I'm going to say is the British accent works wonders with the local ladies.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1010.3kb