RIHLA #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 13th 2012
Published: March 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Summarize your article


The article " Kony 2012: Invisible Children Campaign Pressures U.S. Government To Capture Joseph Kony (TAKE ACTION)" is about how Jason Russell is creating a movement to help Stop Joseph Kony from adducting more Ugandan children. The movement is about informing everyone around the world about Joseph Kony because the more people involved in the movement, the more president Obama will agree to send soldiers to capture Joseph Kony. The article also states how Russell created a video about what is happening in Uganda and more about the movement.

2. How does your current event relate to topics or ideas that we have discussed in world history. Explain fully


This current article relates to the slavery topic that we are discussing in world literature because many Ugandan children are people addicted and are forced to do things that they do not want to. The girls are made into sex slaves and the boys are made into " cold blooded killer" which is not right to do because these are young people who want a better future for themselves. In history class we discuss many of these issues of how people are being forced to do things that they do not want to like sex slaves or laborers. There are some people even today who threaten people to work because they are immigrants or because they are run aways. In the past many African Americans were being forced to become slaves too since they are the misused people who help run the plantations more.

3. Is there evidence of cause and effect in your article? How so?

The cause of the article is Joseph Kony and his evil dictatorship that is trying to adduct Ugandan children and forcing them to be sex slaves or soldier. The effects of the article is how Jason Russell is creating a movement to help stop and capture Joseph Kony by getting Kony famous in order for more people to agree to fight Kony since their is only one way to get politicians attention. That is to make the president know that people actually care about the lives of the children in Uganda.

4. What powerful questions does your article make you ask? What information do you need to answer these questions?

The questions that the article make me ask is why is president Obama doing something now to capture Joseph Kony? Will kony attack the united states if he is not captured by the U.S soon? Why isnt Africa's government doing something about Kony? The information that is needed to answer these questions is a speech from obama that states what he believe we should do about Kony . We also need information from Africa's government and how Joseph Kony became in charge Uganda today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb