RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 6th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

Modern slavery is different from earlier forms of slavery because throughout history earlier day slavery involved mostly of slaves working in plantations,slave cabins,aution blocks, being abuse to work but in modern day slavery there is slavery for different things such as sex trade, working in the farm,working in factories, and other things. plus, today the slaves have to work for no pay or little pay and also be constantly threated of violence and starvation if the slaves do not work.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

Human sex trafficking connects to the legacy of President Lincoln because Lincoln is the one who wrote the Emancipation Proclamation which freed all slaves during the Civil war. After this policy was set the 13th amendment was publish stating that it is illegal in the United States to have slavery. Now it connects to the human sex trafficking because slavery has been set to be illegal in the United States but today slavery is still going on which tells you so much of how how badly the world is getting to today.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

The Polaries project is an organization that operates a national hotline that takes calls 24 hours in more than 170 languages from people who are suspects or victims of trafficking. The goal of the orgainization is to increase the awareness of the issue of trafficking in the united states and increase the risk of traffickers getting caught. What i think about the organization is gratful that good people today are trying to stop trafficker from ruining someones life. If i was a victim i would be scared to contact the police but if the police is watching constantly for trafficing than i do not have to worry that much of losing control of my life. I hope that i never have to be in that position over never for anybody else.

4. Do you agree with this article –that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

Yes, because human sex trafficking is when a person like a pimp is making women or men have sex with other people for money. The victim him or herself is being forced to do this horrible job for little or no money. The money usually go to the pimp which is just human abuse right there and then. I am surpraise that people in the world today can be so evil and wrong about controling someone elses life without giving a say to that victim. I also did not know that there was more than sex trafficking as a form of slavery but also forcing someone to work in a farm or factory for the reason of not being a U.S citizen.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

Other examples that i could think of that could be a form of modern day slavery is forcing someone to sell drugs,forcing someone to work for being a immgrant,forcing someone to take a blame for a crime they did not do, forcing someone to murder, and so on. There can be many forms of slavery which i never thought of before until today.I just hope that people get to there sense and stop all the violence already because they are ruining the lifes of incident people.

6. Additional thoughts/questions?

The questions that i have on the issue is how did sex trafficking begin and why did people come up with such a horrible way like sex trafficking to make a living? These issues get you wondering of how corrupt and horrible the world is getting to today especially in the United States when this issue was already illegal to do but people are still forcing people to be there slaves.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb