Rihla #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 12th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1) My article discussed the actions that the national atheist group did. They group put up a billboard in the middle of Paterson, New Jersey, which is "the heart of muslim community," and the sign said " you know it's a myth, and you have a choice." The billboard was in both arabic and english.

2)My current event relates to the idea of religion that we have discussed in History. Everyone has the right to thier own beliefs that is why so many religions came about, such as the different forms of Christianity, Islamic religion, Buddism, and Confusionism. The atheist have a right to not believe in a higher power if they want to. the conflict from this is nothing new becuase religious groups have always been argue about who is right. For example, Roman catholics and lutheran beliefs. Tolerance is also expressed here becuase the muslims realize that the atheist have a right to express themselves just like they do. This is similar to the tolerane of different culture that the russians accepted when they were emerging.

3)Nothing in the community has been done yet about the billboard but when the photographer went to the community and interviewed a few locals they said "They agreed that the American Atheist have a right to put up thier billboards where they want. They too have the right to advertise and voice thier opinions and will most definitely be doing so." More than likely some kind of non violent reaction from the community will arise.

4)One question that this article makes me ask is why did they choose to put the billboard in Paterson, New jersey? Is that the only billboard they have? Also why did they choose to focus on the muslim religion adn not the christian religion? What makes the muslim religion so interesting to them?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb