Rihla #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 5th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1) Modern day slavery is different from earlier slavery because it is not getting people to travel to a whole new world. they are finding people who can be easily manipulated and that show they are forcing them into sex trafficking. also with modern day slavery the slaves are not working on plantations or sold in actions. also they are not held together with chains.

2) This modern day slavery of sex trafficking is related back to Abraham Lincoln becuase he was the president who signed the emancipation proclamation. This form outlawed slavery and made it illegal to own slaves. It just shows that after soo many years slavery has not gone away and that something new has to be done.

3) The Polaris project is an anti-trafficking organization that Is working to decrease or Elimanate trafficking. They have their own website and have hotlines so that people in the community can call if they witness or think their is sedges fixing happening near them. They also try and help the people who are involved in the trafficking.

4) I do agree with this article becuase even though these people don't look like slaves of the older times they are still being forced to work. They are being treated badly and are taken advantage of. It's a new form of slavery that needs to be stopped.

5)I think the farmers that large companies(ex. taco bell) use are a form of modern ay slavery because they have to work long hours in the field and get paid very little. Also The farmers who work for corporations like tyson and Perdue becuase they are also not given a lot of money and are forced to mistreat animals.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb