RIHLA #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 12th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1) My article, The Controvery over Kony 2012, explains how the video Kony 2012 was a great success in the internet phase. People all over the internet: facebook, twitter, tumblr, and other huge social network websites have shown their awareness and care about this topic. Kony is Africa's biggest notirious militia leader, and he is the world's Most Wanted.

2) This article relates to the current topics and past topics we have learned about in World History in many ways. First of all, this article talks about slavery and cruel punishment, and we have just finished talking about the Transatlantic Slave Trade. Kony kidnaps young boys and girls. He forces the boys to become evil soldiers; he makes them kill their own parents and fight in battles. He forces girls to become sex slaves. This directly connects to the transatlantic slave trade because in that slave trade, the people were forced to do cruel things and be slaves, just like Kony does to the kids.

3) There is one evidence of cause and effect in my article. The cause is Kony himself, causing all this abuse and slavery in Africa. The effect that has taken is people like the Invisible Children Organization to speak up and protest against Kony. People now want the United States and other countries to take action.

4) Some questions this article makes me ask is: What will the United States do? Are facebook or other social network protest actually helpful? Now in order to obtain answers to these questions, Politicians have to speak up about what they are planning to do about this. For the second question, we just have wait and see the effect of all these online protests.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb