RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 5th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

Modern slavery is different because the idea doesn't follow how there were farms (plantations).



2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

This connects to President Lincoln's legacy because he was the one to create The Emancipation Proclamation and eventally leading to the 13th ammendment of the Constitution of the United States. The movment shows how people are fighting for others' rights so they can be free from their "masters".



3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

I think this project is very helpful because so many people are now becoming independent and they dont have to suffer through all the things they were going through when they were under "slavery rules". Having people to look out for others is a great way to not only save the meaning of the 13th ammendment, but its also a good way for people to make friends with those who truly care about them.



4. Do you agree with this article –that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

I think it is concidered modern day slavery because people are taking advantage of the less fortunate and they are trying to "gain power" by showing they control others' decisions. These people also dont care about the lifestyle that is going on because the people working wont even get all the profit.



5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

I think some examples would consist of minimum wage paying jobs. Most people are stuck in this scenario because they are always working the most challenging and hardworking jobs, but their bosses only give them the smallest amount possible. Some people get angry because most of those jobs deserve a higher salary.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb