RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 28th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

How has the Columbian Exchange& Triangle Trade affected current day foods & culture?

This has affected food and culcure today because now we can mix ingredients together to create new meals to spread all over the world.



Provide a family recipe that includes at least one of the following ingredients and then answer the questions that follow:





LEMON DROPS


• 1LB margerine (soft at room temperature)
• 2 cups of sugar
• 1dz eggs
• 8 tsp of baking powder
• 2 tsp of lemon extract
• 8-9 cups of flour



Mix margerine, sugar, eggs, and lemon extract together with a hand mixer. Add the 8 tsp of baking powder while mixing. Add the flour 1 cup at a time until you can't mix anymore, then use hand. Mix well until dough forms into a ball. Use an ungreased pan to make 1in balls seperated 1 in apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 min.

Cookies will look white when done; the bottom will be light brown.



Icing:


• 2.5 cups of powdered sugar
• 4 tsp of milk
• 5 tsp of lemon extract


Mix well. When cookies are done and still hot, with a spatula, loosen cookies. One at a time, dip cookie into icing. Let cool and ENJOY!


1. What are the origins of this recipe? The New World

2. Does your family in someway identify with this recipe? Why or why not? Yes because it has been passed down from generation to generation.

3. Do you think people should have access to a variety of foods? Why or why not? I think so because then you can be exposed to different cultures and know how they live.

4. In general, do you think food is an important aspect of one’s culture? Explain. Yes, food is important to one's culture because it is what their family makes to keep in touch of where they origninated from and its apart of the person themselves.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb