Rihla #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 4th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1)According to the article modern slavery only looks differnt but truly is not. The slaves of today are still minipulated, starved, and made to work for little or no money by their owners. Today there is a largers variety of individuals who are slaves. These victims are of all ages and ethnicities. Owners do not care or set up limits to making their money.

2)This movement againt human sex trafficking connects to the Legacy of President Lincoln because in both they are trying to do what is right to help these victims. Lincoln helped to ban slavery in the United States. People today still have a way of slavery that is somewhat different. The movement against sex trafficking is trying to end some of the modern ways of slavery.

3)The Polaris project is set up to help victims of modern day slavery just from a phone call made from a witness or a victim. It is stated in the article by Myles, "Polaris is looking for people ' to be the eyes and ears, looking for trafficking, and if they can call in and be the good Samaritan to break a case.'" This shows they need the help of the people in the community to help the victims and catch their owners. It is also stated in the article, " where every single time there's a case, there's a response ready to help in that local community, so that those victims aren't falling through the cracks." This quote shows the importance of the issue because they do not want any victims to go without help. They are trying to make their change worth it and help all who are in need. They are in the process of making a positive change in many different places so that no one gets left behind. I believe this project is great because I know these types of things go on, and I feel as if it is not right. God made everyone human and they should be treated just as that. Everyone should be treat right and not like property.

4)Yes, I agree that modern day sex trafficking is a form of slavery. I feel this way because these boys and girls are sold for cash. They are "owned" and must do as they are told. If they do not listen they are minipulated, which includes getting beaten and starved at times. Something must be done about this and it needs to happen fast before deaths occur because of anything physical or mental.

5)Another example is farmworker slavery. Orphan children are bought or other children stolen only to work on a farm. Other individuals go to work on a farm but are threatened if they leave. They are deprived of food and water and must do the work or they would be beaten.

6)Something should be done about these slavery actions because it is not right. People are not property and should be treated with respect. People may sit back and think those women on the street half naked on drugs are funny, but in all reality someone is behind that action doing this to these girls. If your the one laughing remember you would not want to be where that poor woman is. We should all pick up the phone and call for help if we see any victims of modern day slavery.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.344s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb