Rihla 22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 11th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Summarize your article
Joseph Kony,the cruel war leader in Africa, has abducted children from their homes. He makes young girls into sex slaves and made young boys into child soldiers. The "Kony 2012" clips have been viewed by many individuals. The group of Invisible Children individuals are trying to make a change and help these abducted children. They want to get capture or kill Kony. 100 soldiers were sent last year to Uganda to help with this cause. Money donated or raised is used to build schools to help education of children in Uganda, which was taken from them.
2. How does your current event relate to topics or ideas that we have discussed in world history. Explain fully
My current event relates to topics we have discussed because we have learned about many leaders who don't always do work with the best interest of their people. Another example is the last Rihla article we read about sex trafficking. The girls in Uganda are sold for sex just as the young victims of sex trafficking are.

3. Is there evidence of cause and effect in your article? How so?
And example of cause and affect in this article is: "If people cared 15 years ago, then thousands of lives would have been saved and thousands of children would have stayed at home and not been kidnapped.". This shows that as a result of waiting and not knowing of the issue earlier many children have been abducted. If someone took action before many children would still be safe at home.

4. What powerful questions does your article make you ask? What information do you need to answer these questions?
Why has it taken so long for people to try to make a change about Kony's actions?( need to ask congress and other individuals)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.309s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb