Rihla #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 5th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Rihla #21,

**Read the article “Lincoln’s Legacy Fights Modern Slavery” and answer the following questions:

1. Modern slavery is different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history by being more "alive" and people are being forced to do things they do not want to do.

"While modern slavery may look different from the old images of plantations, slave cabins and auction blocks, abuse, coercion and manipulation remain the order of the day" (Jones).

Moreover, appearances and they way things were back then are way different from today.

2. This movement against human sex trafficking connects to the legacy of President Lincoln by helping people to not be owned by others. Both agree upon making a difference and going against any types of slavery. They are both informing the country to go against people who make others do things which they are not suppose to be doing.

3. The Polaris project is a anti trafficking movement that fights against uman trafficking and modern day slavery. The have a 24 hour hational hotline to help those in need against human trafficking. They also have services, programs, and campaigns to fight against human trafficking. I think the project is really great because it has people that break down these cases and help those who are in this situation. People need organizations like these because it gives people hope for a better tomorrow.

4. I do agree with this article that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery because the men are owning and using the women like objects just like they did back then to African Americans.

5. An example of modern day slavery is being in abusive relationships where the men abuse women or where women abuse men to do things they do not like to do.

6. I believe that having control over someone and making that certain someone to do things that they should not be doing is really wrong. Overall, I think sex trafficking is wrong especially if little girls are involved which is really sick.

http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/28/lincolns-legacy-fights-modern-slavery/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb