Rihlad #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 27th 2012
Published: February 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

How has the Columbian Exchange& Triangle Trade affected current day foods & culture? It exchanges different views, experiences, and knowledge about the foods and people.

Perogies


5 potatoes, 1/2 of butter, 1 medium sized onion (cut into little pieces), 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. of cheese, 4 cups of flour, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp. of salt, and 1 cup of milk or water

1. What are the origins of this recipe? These perogies were something my grandmother would make. She is from Poland and perogies are mainly represented as a Polish dish.

2. Does your family in someway identify with this recipe? Why or why not? My family does identify with this recipe because my father is Polish and this dish in particular is Polish as well. My family and I enjoy Polish food along with Puertorican food too.

3. Do you think people should have access to a variety of foods? Why or why not? I think people should have access to a variety to foods because it allows people to get a taste of different cultures and how different foods come different places are made, imported, exported, and much more. Also, it is fun and interesting to eat different foods because you can get a feel about different cultures and change your perceptive about things.

4. In general, do you think food is an important aspect of one’s culture? Explain. I think food plays a big part in one's culture because my grandmother for instance loves to cook lots of Puertorican dishes and feeding us constantly. My grandmother lives with us and she is really big on us being fed and making her homeland dishes because it gives people a feel of what our cultures is like. We bring our food when we all come together, parties, holidays, gatherings, and etc.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000kb