Rihla #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 12th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

** RIHLA #22 **



Our next week of study will begin with an investigation of curiosity and free thinking. With that said, this week’s RIHLA will be student lead. Please choose a current events article that you find to be interesting and answer the questions that follow:

1. In the Syrian city there was a massacre killing of at least 45 women and children. The victims were stabbed to death and burned by "Syrian forces and thugs that stormed their houses" (CNN) in the neighborhood of Homs. Towards the end of the article talks about the aftermath of the incident and how it caused massive destruction.

2. It relates because of the Spainards that took over the Aztecs and Incas. The Spainards remind me of the "Syrian forces and thugs" and the Aztecs and Incas remind me of the women and children. The Spainards are the ones taking over the Aztecs and Inca and trying to control them. Simiarly to how the "Syrian forces and thugs" were trying to do the women and children. In both ended up in a bloodbath.

3. Yes there is evidence of a cause and an effect. "The London-based Observatory also said Syrian forces also shelled a bridge over the Assi River west of Rastan. The bridge had been used by residents trying to flee the city, according to the group" (CNN).

Because of the massive destruction and people trying to get away, the attack had destroyed the bridge which was used so that people could get away.

4. Why would people of same races kill each other? Why is there so much violence going on in the world? Why would grown individuals kill innocent children?

To get infomation on these questions I can research by using google, google scholar, journals, articles, newpaper, or simply ask around.




http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/11/world/meast/syria-unrest/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb